The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is a Nigerian regulatory body in charge of the exploration, production, and exportation of crude oil and natural gas in the country. DPR is responsible for developing and enforcing regulations in the oil and gas industry, and it ensures compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Like every other regulatory body, DPR needs a workforce of competent, qualified, and skilled people to carry out its mandate. DPR conducts a recruitment exercise yearly to attract qualified and suitable candidates for vacant positions.
In this article, we will provide you with relevant information on how to apply for the DPR recruitment exercise, the registration portal, requirements and eligibility criteria, recruitment starting date, and closing date.
DPR Recruitment Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the Department of Petroleum Resources recruitment exercise, it is imperative to meet the following requirements and eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution in any field.
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit and free from any medical condition that may impede the performance of duties.
- Applicants must not have any criminal record.
- Applicants must have good communication, interpersonal skills, and computer knowledge.
How to Apply for DPR Recruitment Exercise
To apply for the DPR recruitment exercise, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the DPR recruitment portal at www.dpr.gov.ng
2. Click on the “Application /Registration Form Portal” link.
3. Create an account by providing your email address, phone number, and other necessary details.
4. Log in to your account to access the application form.
5. Fill the application form accurately and upload a recent passport photograph.
6. Attach copies of necessary documents such as educational qualifications, NYSC discharge certificate, birth certificate, etc.
7. Review and submit the application form.
8. Print out the application form for reference purposes and the acknowledgment slip as evidence of submission.
Recruitment Starting Date and Application Deadline
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) will announce the recruitment exercise’s starting date officially. Based on previous years, DPR usually conducts its recruitment exercise between March and April. The application portal is usually open for three to four weeks. Therefore, it is advisable to visit the DPR website regularly for updates and information on the recruitment exercise’s starting date and application portal closure.
DPR Recruitment Shortlisting of Candidates
DPR will screen and shortlist candidates who meet the requirements and eligibility criteria. Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based aptitude test and a face-to-face interview. Adequate preparation is necessary for the tests and the interview. DPR will contact only successful candidates for the next stage of the recruitment process.
In conclusion, the DPR recruitment exercise is an opportunity for qualified and competent Nigerians to work with a regulatory body that plays a significant role in the country’s economy.
In this article, we have outlined the requirements, eligibility criteria, and steps on how to apply for the DPR recruitment exercise. It is imperative to follow the instructions and guidelines strictly to avoid disqualification.
We hope this detailed post has provided relevant and informative information to prospective candidates. For more updates and information, please visit the DPR website regularly.