Are you interested in pursuing higher education at the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)? Look no further! In this reading, we will discuss the courses offered at UNIMAID, their admission requirements, and provide helpful information for Nigerian students seeking admission. Whether you’re a prospective student or just curious about UNIMAID, this article has got you covered.
UNIMAID Courses and Available Programs
UNIMAID has been fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission, NUC. The school offers Full-time and Part-time students.
RECOMMENDED: JAMB Registration Form
The University of Maiduguri offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various disciplines. Below is our list of FACULTIES and DEPARTMENTS available at UNIMAID:
Agricultural Science & Education
Banking & Finance
Dentistry & Dental Surgery
Education & Arabic
Education & Biology
Education & Chemistry
Education & Economics
Education & English Language
Education & Geography
Education & Hausa
Education & History
Education & Islamic Studies
Education & Mathematics
Education & Physics
Education and Science
Food Science & Technology
Forestry & Wildlife
Linguistics & Fulfulde
Linguistics & Kanuri
Medical Laboratory Science
Medicine & Surgery
Natural and Environmental Science
Public and Private International Law
Sociology & Anthropology
Teacher Education Science
RECOMMENDED: UNIMAID Cut-Off Marks
Admission Requirements and Eligibility
To secure admission into UNIMAID, Nigerian students must fulfill specific criteria. Below are the general admission requirements:
1. Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
– Possess at least five credit passes, including Mathematics and English, in relevant subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent.
– Score a minimum cut-off mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
– Successfully participated in the UNIMAID Post-UTME screening exercise.
– Meet the specific additional requirements for the chosen course of study.
2. Postgraduate Admission Requirements:
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class (lower division) from a recognized university.
– Obtain a good score in the specific entrance examination conducted by UNIMAID for each postgraduate program.
– Submit all required documents, including academic transcripts and letters of recommendation.
– Fulfill any additional requirements specified by the chosen department or faculty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is UNIMAID a recognized university?
– Yes, the University of Maiduguri is a recognized Nigerian university known for its academic excellence and research contributions.
2. Can international students apply to UNIMAID?
– Yes, UNIMAID offers admission to international students, subject to meeting the specific requirements for international applicants.
3. Are there scholarship opportunities for students at UNIMAID?
– UNIMAID provides various scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Visit their official website or contact the scholarship office for more information.
4. How can I apply for admission to UNIMAID?
– To apply for admission to UNIMAID, aspiring students must visit the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) website (www.jamb.gov.ng) for UTME Registration and follow the specified procedures.
We hope this detailed article has provided valuable insights into the diverse courses offered at the University of Maiduguri and the admission requirements for Nigerian students. UNIMAID is a reputable institution that nurtures academic excellence and offers various opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If you have any more questions or need additional information, please feel free to comment below. We encourage you to return for the latest news and updates related to UNIMAID. Good luck with your academic journey!