Are you a Nigerian student or an admission seeker looking for information about the courses offered by Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)? In this article, we will provide you with a detailed guide to the various OOU courses offered and the admission requirements you need to fulfill.
OOU is a renowned federal owned institution in Nigeria, offering a wide range of academic programs to help students pursue their educational dreams. Let’s explore the exciting world of OOU courses and discover the prerequisites for admission.
Also Check: How to Apply for OOU Post UTME Admission Form
List of OOU Courses / Programs Offered
Below are list of high quality degree programs available in OOU. The courses listed here are available for Diploma, Undergraduate, graduate & postgraduate programs.
Agric-Extension & Rural Sociology
Agricultural Economics & Farm Management
Banking & Finance
Christian Religious Studies
Education & Biology
Education & Chemistry
Education & Computer Science
Education & Economics
Education & English Language
Education & French
Education & Geography
Education & Integrated Science
Education & Mathematics
Education & Physics
Education & Political Science
Education & Social Studies
Education & Yoruba
Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Forestry & Wildlife
Forestry Wildlife & Fisheries
Geography & Regional Planning
Guidance & Counselling
History & Diplomatic Studies
Home & Hotel Management
Industrial & Labour Relations
Medicine & Surgery
Nursery & Primary Education
Teacher Education Science
Transport Planning & Management
Urban & Regional Planning
What are the Accommodation Options for OOU Students?
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) provides accommodation options for its students. Here are some of the accommodation options available:
1. University Halls of Residence: OOU has several halls of residence on campus where students can reside. These halls are usually divided based on gender and sometimes by faculties. Examples of the halls include Awolowo Hall, Azikwe Hall, Moremi Hall, and Fajuyi Hall. Each hall typically has basic facilities such as shared rooms, beddings, study areas, bathrooms, and common rooms where students can relax.
2. Private Hostels: In addition to the university halls of residence, there are private hostels available near the OOU campus. These private hostels are owned and managed by individuals or organizations. They offer various accommodation options, including single rooms, self-contained apartments, and shared rooms. Private hostels often provide additional amenities like electricity, 24/7 security, internet access, study spaces, and laundry facilities. Students can choose private hostels based on their preferences and budget.
3. Off-Campus Housing: Some OOU students prefer to rent apartments or rooms outside the university premises. This allows them to have more independence and flexibility in terms of accommodation choices. Off-campus housing options can range from furnished apartments to shared apartments or rooms in nearby communities. Students opting for off-campus housing should consider factors like proximity to the university, transportation options, safety, and rental costs.
It’s important to note that availability and costs of accommodation may vary, so it’s advisable for students to start exploring their options well ahead of time. The university’s Student Affairs department or housing office can provide more information on accommodation availability, guidelines, and application procedures.
Also Check: OOU School Fees
Admission Requirements for OOU Courses / Programmes
To secure admission into Olabisi Onabanjo University, prospective students must fulfill the following requirements:
1. UTME Requirements
– Possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects in SSCE (WAEC, NECO, GCE) or their equivalent.
– Score a minimum of 160 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
– Meet the specific subject combination requirements for the desired course of study.
2. Direct Entry Requirements
– Possess at least two A-Level passes or its equivalent, including credits in relevant subjects at the Ordinary Level.
– Hold a National Diploma (ND) with a minimum of Lower Credit from a recognized institution.
3. Postgraduate Requirements
– Hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a second class lower division from a recognized university.
– Obtain a minimum of three referees’ reports, one of which should be from an academic source.
– Submit a research proposal (for research-based programs).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there part-time programs available at OOU?
A: Yes, OOU offers part-time and distance learning programs that cater to the needs of working professionals and individuals seeking flexible learning options. These programs allow students to combine work and studies effectively.
Q: Are there scholarship opportunities for OOU students?
A: Yes, OOU provides scholarship opportunities for outstanding students who demonstrate exemplary academic performance. These scholarships can help alleviate the financial burden of tuition fees and provide support for the students’ education.
Q: Can international students apply to study at OOU?
A: Yes, OOU accepts applications from international students who meet the admission requirements. International students must provide evidence of their proficiency in the English language (such as TOEFL or IELTS scores).
In conclusion, Olabisi Onabanjo University offers a wide range of courses across different faculties, providing students with ample opportunities to pursue their desired programs. This comprehensive guide has provided you with valuable information about OOU courses and the admission requirements you need to fulfill.
We hope this detailed article has equipped you with the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions about your academic pursuits.
For the latest news and updates, we encourage you to visit our website regularly. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to drop your comments below. Good luck with your educational journey!