Are you a Nigerian student or an admission seeker who wishes to apply for admission into Bayero University Kano (BUK)? If yes, then understanding the BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks is essential.
This article aims to provide you with all the information you need to know about the BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session.
RECOMMENDED: BUK Courses Offered
BUK JAMB Cut Off Mark 2024/2025
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is responsible for setting the minimum cut-off mark for admission into all tertiary institutions in Nigeria, including BUK. Therefore, to be eligible for admission into BUK, candidates must meet or surpass the JAMB minimum cut-off mark for the university.
For the 2024/2025 academic session, the JAMB cut-off mark for BUK is 160. This implies that candidates who applied for admission into BUK and meet or exceed the minimum cut-off mark of 160 are eligible to proceed to the university’s post-UTME screening exercise.
However, it is essential to note that meeting the minimum JAMB cut-off mark does not guarantee admission into the university. BUK also uses departmental cut-off marks to determine the candidates that should be given admission.
BUK Departmental Cut Off Mark 2024/2025
Departmental cut-off marks are the specific scores required by a department or faculty in a particular university for admission into various courses. BUK also uses departmental cut-off marks to screen candidates and determine the ones that meet the standard for each department or course.
The departmental cut-off marks for BUK are usually higher than the JAMB minimum cut-off mark. These cut-off marks are usually determined based on various factors, such as the number of applicants for a particular course and the available slots in that department.
It is important to note that the departmental cut-off marks for BUK are not fixed and may vary from one academic session to another. Hence, candidates are advised to check the BUK admission portal regularly for updates on the departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session.
How to Check BUK Cut Off Mark
To check the BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the official BUK admission portal at www.buk.edu.ng.
2. Click on the “Admissions” tab.
3. Select “2024/2025 UTME/DE Admissions.”
4. Click on “Check Cut-off point.”
5. Enter your details, including JAMB registration number, and click on “Submit.”
6. Your BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session will be displayed.
In addition, candidates can also check the BUK admission portal for the list of courses available for the 2024/2025 academic session.
How to Prepare for BUK Post-UTME Examination
Now that you understand the BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session, it is essential to prepare adequately for the post-UTME examination.
Here are some tips to help you prepare effectively for the BUK post-UTME examination:
1. Study BUK Post-UTME Past Questions: Obtain and study BUK post-UTME past questions and answers to get an idea of the types of questions and the examination pattern. This will give you an advantage during the examination.
2. Create a Study Plan: Prepare a study plan to help you cover all the subjects/topics required for the post-UTME examination. This will ensure you study effectively and avoid cramming.
3. Time management: Manage your time wisely by prioritizing more challenging subjects or topics. All topics are essential, but some require more time to fully understand.
4. Take a Break and Rest: Take breaks between study sessions to help your brain relax and absorb the information more effectively. Also, ensure to get enough rest and make use of good sleeping habits.
5. Seek help: Do not hesitate to seek help from qualified tutors or instructors if you have any difficulty understanding a topic. You can also join online study groups to help you with your studies.
BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks are essential criteria for admission into Bayero University Kano. It is important to understand these cut-off marks to enable you to prepare effectively for the post-UTME examination and stand a chance of being admitted. In addition, the BUK admission portal is a useful resource, and candidates are advised to check it regularly for updates on the BUK JAMB and departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session.
We hope this detailed article has provided you with valuable insights into understanding BUK JAMB & departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session.
Additionally, candidates can also access the BUK application/online registration portal via our website for more information on admission into the university. Remember, all the preparation tips provided are to assist you in proper preparation for the upcoming BUK post-UTME examination.
We hope you found this article informative and useful. Please feel free to drop your comments below, visit our website for the latest news and updates on Nigerian education, and revisit for more purposeful content.