UniCal Cut Off Marks 2024/2025 – University of Calabar, also known as UniCal, is a federal government-owned university in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. Founded in 1975, it is one of the top-ranking institutions in Nigeria, offering courses in varying academic fields, including medicine, law, engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences.
As with most universities in Nigeria, UniCal has minimum cut-off marks for admission into various programs offered by the university. Prospective students of UniCal are required to meet the stipulated cut-off marks to be eligible for admission into the institution.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the UniCal cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 admission process, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) cut-off marks, and the Post-UTME requirements and eligibility criteria for prospective students.
UniCal JAMB Cut Off Marks 2024/2025
The JAMB cut-off mark is the minimum score that a candidate must obtain in the JAMB examination to be eligible for admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria, including UniCal. The JAMB cut-off mark for 2024/2025 is yet to be announced by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, for the 2021/2022 academic session, the JAMB cut-off mark for UniCal was 160. It is advisable for prospective students of UniCal to target a JAMB score higher than the stipulated cut-off mark to increase their chances of being admitted into the institution.
UniCal Post-UTME Cut Off Marks 2024/2025
The Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME) is a screening test conducted by tertiary institutions in Nigeria to evaluate candidates’ academic ability and determine their eligibility for admission into the institution. The Post-UTME cut-off mark for UniCal in the 2024/2025 academic session is yet to be announced by the university.
However, for the 2021/2022 academic session, the Post-UTME cut-off mark for UniCal was 160. This means that candidates who scored below 160 in the Post-UTME screening were not eligible for admission into UniCal.
UniCal Departmental Cut Off Marks 2024/2025
Apart from the JAMB and Post-UTME cut-off marks, UniCal also has departmental cut-off marks, which vary according to the course of study. This means that the cut-off marks for various courses offered by UniCal are different, with some courses having a higher cut-off mark than others.
The departmental cut-off marks for the 2024/2025 academic session are yet to be announced by the school authorities. However, for the 2021/2022 academic session, the departmental cut-off marks for UniCal were:
1. Medicine and Surgery – 280 and above
2. Law – 250 and above
3. Pharmacy – 250 and above
4. Nursing Science – 220 and above
5. Accounting – 200 and above
6. Business Administration – 200 and above
7. Political Science – 200 and above
UniCal Post UTME Eligibility Criteria 2024/2025
To be eligible for UniCal Post-UTME screening, candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must have chosen UniCal as their first choice in JAMB.
2. Candidates must have scored a minimum of 160 in the JAMB examination.
3. Candidates must have obtained at least five (5) credits in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, either in WAEC, NECO or its equivalent.
4. Candidates who are awaiting their O’level results are also eligible to apply for the screening.
5. Candidates must have completed their online registration on the UniCal admission portal and have paid the relevant screening fee.
How to Apply for UniCal Post-UTME 2024/2025
To apply for UniCal Post-UTME 2024/2025, candidates should follow the steps below:
1. Visit UniCal admission portal at https://www.unical.edu.ng/
2. Click on “Post-UTME Screening” on the homepage.
3. Enter your JAMB registration number and follow the instructions to generate a screening fee payment slip.
4. Proceed to any commercial bank to make the payment of the screening fee of N2,000.
5. Return to the UniCal admission portal and complete the online registration form.
6. Upload your passport photograph and other necessary documents.
7. Submit the form online.
8. Print out the acknowledgement slip generated after submitting the form.
In this article, we have provided a comprehensive guide on UniCal cut-off marks for JAMB, Post-UTME, and departmental requirements in the 2024/2025 academic session. Prospective students are advised to target scores higher than the minimum cut-off marks to increase their chances of being admitted into UniCal.
Also, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria and complete their online registration before the deadline. For more information, candidates should visit the UniCal admission portal and follow the instructions.
We hope this detailed article has been useful, and we welcome readers’ comments and encourage them to visit back for future news and updates.