Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria. It is located in Ile-Ife, Osun State, and attracts thousands of students from across Nigeria and beyond.
As the 2021/2022 academic year comes to an end, prospective students are already searching for information about the admission process for the next academic session. In this post, we provide you with the latest OAU Cut-Off Marks for 2024/2025, as well as updates on JAMB and Post UTME requirements.
OAU Cut-Off Marks for 2024/2025
Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required by candidates to be considered for admission. The cut-off marks for OAU’s 2024/2025 academic year have not yet been released. However, in the 2021/2022 academic year, the cut-off mark for most courses was 200.
This means that candidates who scored 200 and above in the UTME exam were eligible to apply for admission into most courses, except for some courses that required higher scores.
It is important to note that cut-off marks are subject to change, depending on the number of applicants and the overall performance of the candidates in the UTME exam.
JAMB Requirements for OAU Admission
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is responsible for conducting UTME exams and determining the procedures for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. For prospective students who wish to obtain admission into OAU, here are the JAMB requirements to follow:
1. Candidates must have a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings in their O’level result.
2. You must register for the UTME exam and attain the OAU cut-off mark for your desired course.
3. Candidates are required to participate in the Post-UTME exam organized by OAU.
Post UTME Requirements for OAU Admission
After attaining the JAMB minimum requirements, prospective students must register and participate in the OAU Post UTME exercise. The following are the requirements to participate in the OAU Post UTME:
1. Candidates must have chosen OAU as their first choice of institution.
2. You must have a minimum of 200 in the UTME exam.
3. Candidates must have five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English language and Mathematics, in not more than two sittings.
4. Candidates must have made Obafemi Awolowo University their first choice in the UTME exam.
5. Candidates must register and participate in the OAU Post UTME exercise.
How to Apply for OAU Admission
To apply for admission into OAU, follow these steps:
1. Visit the OAU application portal (https://oau.edu.ng/admissions), and click on the “Create Account” button.
2. Fill in the required details and submit your application.
3. After submission, print out the screening slip and make payment for the Post-UTME screening exercise.
4. Candidates who are successful in the Post-UTME exercise will receive admission letters, which they can use to complete their registration process.
Obafemi Awolowo University is a highly rated university that attracts students from different parts of Nigeria and beyond. To be considered for admission into OAU, candidates must attain the minimum JAMB and Post UTME requirements, as well as score above the OAU cut-off mark for their chosen course.
The guidelines and procedures for obtaining admission into OAU have been outlined in this post to provide you with the latest information on the admission process.
We hope this detailed article / post has provided you with the necessary updates on OAU Cut-Off Marks for 2024/2025, JAMB, and Post UTME requirements. For more information on the latest updates, kindly visit the university’s website or follow our blog for timely updates.
We encourage you to drop your comments and questions below, and we will be glad to respond. Good luck with your admission process!